Alingsås – the Capital of Swedish Fika
27 minutes from Gothenburg
Just half an hour from Gothenburg lies the natural destination for anyone who loves "fika". We’re talking about Café town Alingsås – the capital of Swedish Fika.
- Join a guided "fika" tour around the city
- Have a trip on the listed steam ship Herbert
- Experience stunning colour explosions during the event Lights in Alingsås
Floda and Nääs – where Industrial Meets Modern
26–42 minutes from Gothenburg
Floda and Nääs are exciting places that engage all of your senses, where innovative cuisine meets well preserved historic sites. Wind down in these tranquil settings, just half an hour from Gothenburg.
- Enjoy sustainable food at Garveriet in Floda
- Join a guided tour at 19th century castle Nääs Slott
- Cut your handicap at Öijared, Sweden's largest golf course
Hönö – a Gem on the West Coast
60 minutes from Gothenburg
Hönö is a real West Coast gem – a perfect place to spend a day on. You’ll find cliffs, fishing boats, fishermen’s shacks, cosy places to eat, shops and beautiful landscapes. An island full of life all year round, with many really lovely beauty spots.
- Experience the island by bike – you can rent one in Hönö Klåva
- Explore the Ersdalen Nature Reserve
- Go fishing with local fishermen
Gunnebo House and Gardens – a Unique 1700s Summer Villa
26 minutes from Gothenburg
A quarter of an hour out of Gothenburg lies Gunnebo House and Gardens – an excellent choice if you want to stroll around in a beautiful park setting and eat well. Perfect for a day trip!
- Enjoy a guided tour around the spectacular villa
- Take a stroll in the gardens and the English park
- Enjoy the tasty organic food in Gunnebo's coffeehouse and restaurant
Marstrand – Sweden's Sailing Capital
53 minutes from Gothenburg
Far out to the west, where the archipelago ends and the open sea starts, lies Marstrand. A haven for sailing and swimming, with quaint neighbourhoods and car free streets. Discover the island’s lovely scenery, salty swimming spots and fascinating history.
- Explore the 17th century fortress Carlstens fästning
- Enjoy amazing nature walks on the island Koön
- Stroll along the quay and check out the sailing boats
Styrsö & Vrångö – Archipelago Idylls
48–57 minutes from Gothenburg
In Gothenburg’s archipelago there are many magical islands, but two of them that shine extra brightly are Styrsö and Vrångö. It’s hard to imagine that there’s a city so close to these two idyllic islands – but Gothenburg isn’t far away at all.
- Have a "fika" in Café Öbergska's cosy garden on Styrsö
- Enjoy the panoramic view from Vrångö's former harbour pilot lookout
- Relax on Kajkanten Vrångö's floating sauna