The church Örgryte nya kyrka in neo gothic style from the end of the 19th century. It contains two internationally renowned organs: the English Willis organ in its original state from the 1870s and the Royal College of Music in Stockholm’s huge north-German baroque organ.
In 1890 the church Örgryte nya kyrka was inaugurated by Bishop Edvard Rodhe. The congregation received a beautiful new church to manage and maintain. Since then three major changes to the church’s interior have occurred. In the 1930s the walls and ceiling were decorated in the functionalist style and the chancel was painted pink. In the 1970s, the interior was painted blue. Evidence of the different colours used in previous renovations was found during rebuilding work to accommodate the German baroque organ in the 1990s. Great care was then taken to restore the church’s original look.
The congregation in Örgryte is one of the oldest in Gothenburg and has around 11,000 members. Besides church service, the church also hosts concerts and other types of events.